Technische Universität München
Department of Computer Science
I received my Bachelor's degree (2011) in Automation from Xi'an Jiaotong University, and my Master's degree (2014, with distinction) in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology from the Technical University of Munich. From 2014 to 2016 I worked as a computer vision algorithm developer for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) at Continental. Since March 2016 I am a PhD student in the Computer Vision Group at the Technical University of Munich, headed by Professor Daniel Cremers.
Visual Semantic 3D Reconstruction
Visual Odometry / SLAM
- Stereo DSO This video shows some results of our paper “Stereo DSO: Large-Scale Direct Sparse Visual Odometry with Stereo Cameras” accepted by ICCV 2017 (more details).
- Online Photometric Calibration We've conducted a project to achieve online photometric calibration, where the exposure times of consecutive frames, the camera response function, and the camera vignetting factors can be recovered in real-time. Experiments show that our estimations converge to the ground truth after only a few seconds. Our approach can be used either offline for calibrating existing datasets, or online in combination with state-of-the-art direct visual odometry or SLAM pipelines. For more details please check our paper Online Photometric Calibration of Auto Exposure Video for Realtime Visual Odometry and SLAM below. Code is coming soon.
Master Theses / IDP / Guided Research
Please send me your transcripts and CV by email.
- Summer Semester 2016 Computer Vision II: Multiple View Geometry (IN2228)
- Summer Semester 2017 Computer Vision II: Multiple View Geometry (IN2228)
- Winter Semester 2017/18 Robotic 3D Vision
|Conference and Workshop Papers|
|Online Photometric Calibration of Auto Exposure Video for Realtime Visual Odometry and SLAM , In arXiv:1710.02081, 2017. ([arxiv][video]) [bib]|
|Stereo DSO: Large-Scale Direct Sparse Visual Odometry with Stereo Cameras , In International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 2017. ([supplementary][video][arxiv]) [bib] [pdf]|
|Challenges in Monocular Visual Odometry: Photometric Calibration, Motion Bias and Rolling Shutter Effect , In arXiv:1705.04300, 2017. (Improved and extended version.[arxiv]) [bib] [pdf]|