MSc.Technische Universität München
Department of Computer Science
- Jul 05 2018: We have one paper accepted by ECCV'18 (oral) and two papers accepted by IROS'18.
- Jun - Dec 2018: I will be interning with Prof. Dieter Fox in the recently founded Nvidia Robotics Research Lab in Seattle.
- May 22 2018: We have released our code for online photometric calibration! Please find the link on the Project Page. The paper was recently nominated by ICRA'18 for the Best Vision Paper Award.
- Mar 2018: I join Artisense, a startup co-founded by Prof. Daniel Cremers, as a PhD student and senior computer vision & AI researcher.
I received my Bachelor's degree (2011) in Automation from Xi'an Jiaotong University, and my Master's degree (2014) in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology from the Technical University of Munich. From 2014 to 2016 I worked as a computer vision algorithm developer for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) at Continental. Since March 2016 I am a PhD student in the Computer Vision Group at the Technical University of Munich, headed by Professor Daniel Cremers. My research interests include visual SLAM and visual 3D reconstruction, as well as their combinations with semantic information.
Visual Odometry / SLAM
- Stereo DSO This video shows some results of our paper “Stereo DSO: Large-Scale Direct Sparse Visual Odometry with Stereo Cameras” accepted by ICCV 2017. (Project Page)
- SLAM extension to Stereo DSO After the ICCV 2017 deadline, we extended our method to a SLAM system with additional components for map maintenance, loop detection and loop closure. Our performance on KITTI is further boosted a little, as shown by the plots in the video. (Project Page)
Deep Learning Boosted VO / SLAM
- Deep Virtual Stereo Odometry (DVSO) In this project we design a novel deep network and train it in a semi-supervised way to predict depth map from single image, and integrate the depth map into DSO as virtual stereo measurement. Being a monocular VO approach, DVSO achieves comparable performance to the state-of-the-art stereo methods. (Project Page coming soon)
- Online Photometric Calibration We've conducted a project to achieve online photometric calibration, where the exposure times of consecutive frames, the camera response function, and the camera vignetting factors can be recovered in real-time. Experiments show that our estimations converge to the ground truth after only a few seconds. Our approach can be used either offline for calibrating existing datasets, or online in combination with state-of-the-art direct visual odometry or SLAM pipelines. For more details please check our paper “Online Photometric Calibration of Auto Exposure Video for Realtime Visual Odometry and SLAM”. (Project Page)
Master Theses / IDP / Guided Research
Please send me your transcripts and CV by email.
- Summer Semester 2016 Computer Vision II: Multiple View Geometry (IN2228)
- Summer Semester 2017 Computer Vision II: Multiple View Geometry (IN2228) Best Elective Lecture Award
- Winter Semester 2017/18 Robotic 3D Vision
|Online Photometric Calibration of Auto Exposure Video for Realtime Visual Odometry and SLAM , In IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L), volume 3, 2018.(This paper was also selected by ICRA'18 for presentation at the conference.[arxiv][video][code][project]) [bib] [pdf]ICRA'18 Best Vision Paper Award - Finalist|
|Challenges in Monocular Visual Odometry: Photometric Calibration, Motion Bias and Rolling Shutter Effect , In IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L), volume 3, 2018.(This paper was also selected by IROS'18 for presentation at the conference.[arxiv]) [bib] [pdf] [doi]|
|Conference and Workshop Papers|
|Deep Virtual Stereo Odometry: Leveraging Deep Depth Prediction for Monocular Direct Sparse Odometry , In European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), 2018.([arxiv],[supplementary],[video]) [bib]Oral Presentation|
|LDSO: Direct Sparse Odometry with Loop Closure , In International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2018.([arxiv]) [bib]|
|Stereo DSO: Large-Scale Direct Sparse Visual Odometry with Stereo Cameras , In International Conference on Computer Vision (ICCV), 2017.([supplementary][video][arxiv][project]) [bib] [pdf]|